For many of us, cleaning our apartments or houses is a daunting task, requiring a lot of time and effort. However, technical progress does not stand still, and the latest developments can greatly facilitate the life of a modern person, including this applies to household chores. If you still don’t know anything about vacuum cleaning robots, then this article will give you a hint on how to optimize your life.
Criteria for Choosing the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Dimensions. Usually, it is a round disk with a diameter of about 30-40 centimeters and a height of about 10. But it is worth considering also the presence of a base with a dustbin in some models, this option is not suitable for a one-room apartment due to the massiveness of the base.
- Cleaning time. This option can be viewed from several angles. First of all, it means how much time the vacuum cleaner will work before discharging and depends on the capacity of the battery. On the other hand, it is necessary to take into account how much time he spends on cleaning 1 square meter (usually about 1-2 minutes).
- Side brushes. Due to its design, the robot vacuum cleaner cannot thoroughly scavenge debris along the walls and in the corners. In this case, the manufacturer has provided the installation side brushes which scoops the litter to the main turbo brush.
- Dust collector capacity. From this value depends on how often it will have to be cleaned. There are also options with a larger stationary dust collector, where the robot unloads all the garbage after cleaning.
- Work on schedule. A very convenient feature that allows you to set the days and time of cleaning in the settings. Choosing a schedule, you can pick it up so that the robot does the cleaning when no one is at home, keeping the house clean without being noticed by a person.
- Obstacle sensors. Robot vacuum cleaners are all equipped with obstacle sensors, but there are variations of them. The easiest and most common – contact. Facing an obstacle, the robot changes the trajectory of movement.
- Building a map of the room. Often this option is provided by the presence of the navigation camera. This is a video camera that shoots the ceiling in the process of movement. When obstacles are detected, information about them is stored in the memory, and the next time the robot may move in accordance with the constructed map. In this case, the home assistant won’t be able to get lost and will return to the base for recharging without problems in a timely manner.
The life of a modern person is calculated by the minutes, which can be so pitied to spend on household chores. A robot vacuum cleaner may be a really good help for you in cleaning an apartment or house, especially for business people, young mothers, the elderly, bachelors, pet owners, as well as those people who, due to their age or poor health, find it difficult to clean with a mop and traditional vacuum cleaner.